One product that helps me out in a jam is Minute Rice because…well it cooks in just minutes! In a total pinch I can cook it up and just add a little butter and cheese and the kids will eat it!
The other night though I made a simple and easy Chicken and Spinach Rice dish with the help of my little chef Isabelle.
Here is the recipe we used.
Chicken and Spinach Rice
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into bit size pieces)
1 bag (10 ounces) Fresh Baby Spinach
1 ½ cups Minute White Rice (uncooked)
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
¾ cup Chicken Broth
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic (use more or less based on your taste preference)
½ Tsp Ground Pepper
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
(1) Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and cook through (approx. 10 mins)
(2) Add spinach, garlic, rice, tomatoes, pepper, and chicken broth; mix well.
(3) Bring ingredients to a boil.
(4) Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
(5) Finally, stir in the parmesan cheese and you have dinner!
One of the reasons I like this recipe is because you can also mix it up and add other ingredients, spices, etc based on your likes (or just what you have in the pantry!).
Leftover rotisserie chicken or veggies from a meal earlier in the week? Minute® Rice can easily be paired with some of your leftover ingredients to make a quick, easy and wholesome meal your whole family will love in just a matter of minutes.
Visit http://www.minuterice.com/ to create a great main meal or side dish for your next family get-together or potluck.
*This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice. All opinions are my own.*