This past Saturday night, my high school class had a small 15 year reunion. It’s actually our first reunion since we never got our act together for a 5 or 10 year. There’s a more formal reunion trying to be planned for later in the year but in the meantime a classmate opened up her house for us to come over for a low key get together. I have a group of girlfriends that I remain close with but beyond that it was the first time I had seen most people since the day we graduated. The top things I heard repeatedly at the reunion were:
- “You look exactly the same!” Clearly, people must have had their beer goggles on but hey I will take compliments anyway that I can get them!
- “Your daughter looks just like you!” Thank you Facebook for keeping everyone up to date on my mini-me!
- “I need some help here…who is that??” Okay, okay, it was me whispering this one. I’m not good with faces or names never mind adding 15 years in to the mix.
- “You used to be so shy in high school.” Very true. I didn’t come out of my shell until after college. Now I feel like there’s no shell that could contain me.
- “I love your Dollops.” I’m sure glad they like my Dollops because now they are being featured in one!
|The picture is a bit hazy - kind of like the memories.|